Our Rack Your Tech Lifetime Replacement Guarantee.
With our products backed by our Lifetime Guarantee, you can buy with confidence.
Rack Your Tech products are guaranteed to the original owner, to be free of manufacturing defects and to perform under normal conditions for the lifetime of the product.
This additional guarantee is our offer to you and cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. Nor does this extra Lifetime Replacement Guarantee in any way lessen or remove any of the standard protections guaranteed to you specifically by Australian Consumer Law or indeed any global consumer protections provided in your own country of residence. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
What is covered under warranty? Our Duty to You
We ask that customers recognise that our Lifetime Guarantee has reasonable conditions and limitations, and not all claims will fall within those terms. Remember that our products are designed to be used by people and so are designed to be used in environments where people live and work. We will replace any product or part thereof that, under normal use, shows a manufacturing defect, which includes:
- Stress Cracking
Products that are not cared for or used in accordance with our instructions – instructions supplied with every product – will void the warranty.
We will replace any Rack Your Tech product, or any part thereof, that, under normal use, shows a manufacturing defect. Where the same product, or part thereof, in your colour choice is not available for replacement, Rack Your Tech will provide an equivalent Rack Your Tech product, or part thereof, of comparable function at our choice.
Where there is no longer an original product or equivalent, or part thereof, in our product range, Rack Your Tech will refund the actual dollar amount of the original product purchase price.
If your purchased product is faulty upon delivery, please return it within 30 days, with proof of purchase for free replacement of your product.
All claims are assessed at Rack Your Tech’s discretion.
What isn’t covered under warranty?
Our Lifetime Guarantee is generous but has reasonable limitations. Our promise to replace products excludes conditions where:
- Discolouration or Brittleness – If our products are left in an unoccupied vehicle in direct sunlight at too-high a temperature for too long – deterioration of the product can occur.
- Impact damage – If a product is knocked against, dropped or hit by a hard object then this is not replaceable under the guarantee.
- Scratching – Products may scratch under normal use. Scratching is not covered under the guarantee.
- Staining – Some plastic parts or the aluminium anodising may possibly become stained if they come into contact with unknown chemicals – this sort of colour change or surface damage is not covered.
- Reasonable wear and tear – Wear and Tear through normal use, or the misuse, abuse or alteration of products is not covered.
Products that are not cared for or used in accordance with our Rack Your Tech care instructions – instructions supplied with every product – will void the warranty.
Customer Actions Needed – to Validate the Warranty.
- The owner must complete and return a Product Owner Registration Form – supplied with every product. In this way even if a gift, the product’s first original owner is covered by the Guarantee. Return is preferable by email (scanned) but posted mail is acceptable too.
- The owner must keep the original receipt as proof of purchase.
How To Lodge A Claim
Follow these 2 easy steps to lodge a claim:
- Head to the Rack Your Tech Website and check you have a current account – making a new account if you haven’t. Make sure you update your delivery address and contact details prior to lodging a claim to ensure easy communication.
- Submit your claim either by sending to Rack Your Tech –
- a) An email / mail with description and / or photos of the reason for the claim.
- b) The product you are claiming.
Items Returned for Inspection
In any case, Rack Your Tech may request that the part or product being claimed is to be sent in to our head office for review, at your own cost. Once received by Rack Your Tech, we will review your claim to check it falls within the terms of the warranty, and you will receive email notification of your claim outcome.
Following a decision, it may take approximately 1 week for a replacement to be dispatched if stock is on hand. In any case we will advise likely timing of dispatch with your notification of outcome.
Rack Your Tech’s evaluation and decision is final. We are not interested in providing poor customer support though and so will fairly evaluate the reason for any damage – relying on test experience and previous performance of the product.
Products or parts submitted to Rack Your Tech for evaluation will not be returned.
We do responsibly recycle any part or product that is not covered by our guarantees and for which a claim has been submitted.
Your Rights as a Consumer
This guarantee does not limit any additional rights you may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Australia) or any global consumer protections provided in your own country of residence.
Please also see our Returns Policy